Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Moderate Addiction's

I cannot believe how addicted I can get to games. I know there are far worse things I could be addicted to but this is getting bad. I realized I do need to limit myself but my wife is not to happy with how much I play. Granted I could be a lot worse. At this current time I am addicted to two games Call of Duty: World At War, previously addicted to Call of Duty:Modern Warfare, will undoubtedly be addicted to Call of Duty:(Next Version Title Here). I am also addicted to a browser based game and for me these can be the worse by far. Mafia Wars through Facebook is the most recent iteration of these types of games that has caught me. I just started playing this past weekend and I find myself checking it every 25 minute's or so. My IE bar looks something like this, Tab 1 - Work Intranet, Tab 2 - Current Site I am working on, Tab 3 - Google, Tab 4 - The Blog, Tab 5 - Mafia Wars. My productivity is not really affected because of my mad multi-tasking skills but still, i have to check every so often, which reminds me....

Sorry I'm back, I had 5 points of stamina, which meant time to fight. Now I can get back to what I was talking about. I need to get this under control, but its not like I can cut off my own Internet access, thank god I do not have the Internet on my phone, I would be checking it in the middle of the night. Wait a minute, I have a baby on the way, when it wakes me up in the middle of the night I can check my status, sweet. Ok forget I ever said anything, if this is all I ever get addicted to then good for me... If any of my facebook friends read this please accept my invitation to Mafia Wars, I am not asking you to play just join.

No comments:

Post a Comment