Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The Weekend

This past Friday started one long weekend. After a long day at work, I got home took the dogs out and then painted the chair rails for the nursery. This took me to 8:15 at which time I had to drive to my in-laws to pick up Lisa. We did not get home until around 1AM.

Saturday started out bad, we got out the door at the right time to get to her Baby Shower, at my in-laws, on time however we hit traffic that apparently closed down the road. We must have sat for a good 30-45 minutes. However we still made it to the shower on time. Lucky for me I did not have to stick around one of my friends came up so we left and shot some pool and did some video bowling, I won everything except the first game of pool which must have been a fluke. So we went back to the shower towards the end. After some time, I finally started loading up the cars with all the fun new stuff, and started the long drive home. My sister-in-law offered to help us bring the stuff back, and then since I wasn't at the shower they went through everything again telling me who gave us what. I think all-in-all the amount of stuff in my house just doubled and the baby isn't even born yet. I finally fell asleep around 1:30.

Sunday began another busy day. I got up and nailed the chair rail up in the nursery, I am not to happy with the way it turned out, but I can be kind of a perfectionist. We then went to Babies-R-Us and picked up the stuff we didn't get at the shower. Then it was going home and putting everything together including the crib, high chair, stroller, swing, bouncer, etc. I would have to say that overall a very productive weekend, I am just getting sick of driving everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment